Saturday, January 7, 2012

Guest Review by Teva Rose

The Humphrey series
Written By: Teva Rose -8 years old, in third grade at Larchmont Charter School

Humphrey is a classroom hamster. Reading about a hamster may seem boring but Betty G. Birney makes it very fun! Humphrey has courage, confidence, and pride. He’s an amazing little guy. First, he has great ideas. If one of his classmates is in trouble, Humphrey will always hatch up a great plan. Next, he is very confident. If Humphrey’s plan doesn’t work, he’ll always come up with a new one and those plans will always succeed. Finally, Humphrey inspires many people. For instance, the school custodian. Humphrey found him a girlfriend and they got engaged! Humphrey is an awesome hamster and he stays this way through all eight books.

Here are some of the reasons I adore the Humphrey books. First, they are not scary or sad. Second, anyone can read them. What I mean is, you can read them to your self, your parents can read them to you or best, your teacher can read them to your class. Third, these books teach you lessons and are good for connections (text to self, text to world, or text to text.) Last, the books suck you in. For example, I read almost a whole book in bed (on school vacation) and my grandma thought I was sleeping! I recommend starting with the first book, THE WORLD ACCORDING TO HUMPHREY and then reading the rest in any chosen order. I hope you enjoy the Humphrey series just as much as I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!(-:

To learn more about Humphrey go to:
http://bettybirney.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. Now I want to read the books myself!

    ReplyDelete